It’s built for you and because of you! Numerous alumni entrepreneurs asked the University of Minnesota Alumni Association to create a system & campus-wide community of entrepreneurs -- regardless of their college -- to connect with one another for a variety of reasons. Those range from mentorship to collaborations and more. Simultaneously, alumni and friends asked for a list of alumni entrepreneurs that they, too, could support, whether it be places to dine, dentists to visit, or for their gifting needs. The Alumni Association responded, and the MN Alumni Market became a reality in November of 2017.
• Must hold a degree from the University of Minnesota (any campus)
• Must be a member, or become a member, of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association (annual subscription or Life Member level)
• Must own a percentage of the business or provide a service (for example, accountants, dentists, doctors, lawyers, architects, etc. are welcome to apply for a listing, even if they work under a larger agency or company)
Yes, you must be a graduate of the University of Minnesota (any campus).
To be included in the Market, you must:
- Be a member of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association ($50/year for annual membership). If a co-owner is listed on the profile page, each co-owner must become a member.
- Pay a Market Listing Fee of $50/year with a three-year commitment. This fee is waived if you have an established wholesale program and the Market becomes a stockist of your brand.
Once your business is accepted into the Market, we will invoice you for the fees above, if applicable.
Please submit a separate application and pay the Market listing fee for each business.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a quarterly basis. Depending on when you applied, please allow 1-3 months for processing and launching your business on the MN Alumni Market.
At a minimum, please allow 2-3 weeks to verify 1) you are a graduate of the University of Minnesota and 2) your membership status at the University of Minnesota Alumni Association. Also, in accordance with University of Minnesota policy, we will verify that businesses are consistent with the values of the University of Minnesota and the Alumni Association.
In accordance with University of Minnesota policy, we will verify that businesses are consistent with the values of the University of Minnesota and the Alumni Association. If for any reason your listing is denied, we'll refund the listing fee in full.
No, businesses in the Market do not receive financial assistance from either the University of Minnesota nor the Alumni Association. The Market is simply a resource and we do not endorse or vet these businesses.
Changes to your existing business listing can be made by emailing email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name and company name. Please allow us 3-5 business days to review and make updates to your listing.
University of Minnesota marks may be used on commercial products only by vendors that are licensed with the trademark licensing office. Similarily, use of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association name and/or registered trademarks by businesses require written permission by the UMAA. To inquire on usage of UMAA trademarks, please email Vice President of Marketing & Business Development Lisa Huber (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Vendors from outside entities wishing to apply University trademarks to any products they have developed (not a University product) must be a registered licensed vendor to produce products with any University trademarks. Please contact Gregory Berkowitz at email@example.com and 612-760-7846 for information on how to become a licensed vendor, or to verify a vendor's status as a registered licensed vendor.