Interested in having the MN Alumni Market host a custom collection for your department or institution? You've come to the right place! Here's how it works:
We work with an alumni maker to create and host a print-on-demand (POD) collection for your institution. In a POD collection, inventory is not stocked. Instead, our alumni maker prints and ships items as orders are placed. The Market takes care of everything: hosting/updating your collection page, payment processing, order confirmation, shipping, and tracking notifications. Click here to view a live POD collection.
How it Works
- You work with our alumni maker to identify products for your collection. We recommend creating an "evergreen" collection that is available year-round, with a few seasonal items rotated out twice a year.
- You provide all logos and graphics; our maker provides mockups for your approval.
- Once you approve the products, our alumni maker provides free virtual images for your product listings. Product photography shoots are available for a fee.
- If desired, we can price items so that you earn a royalty on each purchase.
- We create your collection page and upload product listings - you have total control on the collection title and intro copy.
- You market your collection and spread the word!
- If applicable, we send you royalty checks twice a year
Pros & Cons
- Pro: Your audience gets customized apparel and merchandise with minimal time and labor on your end.
- Pro: No upfront inventory investment is necessary.
- Pro: You're never left with "duds" or outdated inventory that won't sell.
- Con: Supply chain issues may arise and certain items may become unavailable or backordered; flexibility is a must. We work with our alumni maker to keep your collection page updated.
- Con: Lead times are longer for POD items - allow up to 7-10 business days for orders to be shipped. We inform customers of these longer lead times on each product page.
- There is currently no fee for collections of up to 12 POD products.
- Additional POD products may be added for a fee of $25 per item.