Volumize Conditioner BarRegular price $13.95
For thin, fine, or lifeless hair, this is the solid conditioner bar for you.
With African dates and B5 for frizz control.
Adds definition to waves and curls.
Salon-quality conditioner without the water. Apply to wet hair.
- 100% safe for colored or treated hair.
- No plastic. (Duh)
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, silicone-free.
- Leaping Bunny certified.
- Curly Girl Method-friendly.
- 2.9 oz conditioner bar lasts at least as long as a 16oz bottle.
- Fresh citrus scent.
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Coconut Oil*), Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Based*), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Vegetable Based*), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, African Date Fruit (Water, Rice Amino Acids, Lactobacillus/Date Fruit Ferment Extract), Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Based*), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Polyquaternium 7, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Based*), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Based*), Natural Fragrance (Lime Peel Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Ginger Root Oil), Propanediol (Vegetable Based*), Mineral Pigment CI 77492. (*Derived Source)
- Does HiBAR get like soap bars, where 15% of the soap is unusable because it sticks to the soap dish and or gets gooey and washes down the drain before you can even use it? As long as the bars are being stored "high and dry" then they should last until the end without getting gooey. HiBAR has found that using wire/chrome shower organizers to keep the bars out of the spray of the shower and standing water works really well. They've also heard from other customers that soap dishes with drainage holes work well, too.
- Does the moisturize shampoo bar help with dry scalp? The Moisturize shampoo DOES help with dry scalp. Another option would be the Soothe shampoo which is designed to help with itchy and flaky scalp concerns thanks to white willow bark extract. If using the Soothe shampoo, don't forget to wear sunscreen or a head covering on your scalp as salicylic acid can cause photosensitivity with prolonged use.
- How do you use HiBAR? What is the process? To start, the bars were designed to fit comfortably in your hand, and to make it easier to use. Here was the intent: cup the bottom of the bar in the palm of your hand. Lay the longer side along the lengths of your fingers, and with your fingertips gently grasp the top of the bar. Then guide the bevelled top along your hair. For both bars it's sometimes helpful to run the bar under hot water for a bit to soften it up. To work up a lather with the shampoo, rub the bar directly into your very wet hair (like you just climbed out of a swimming pool-wet). Once the product is through your hair, put the bar down and work your hair with your fingertips, especially around your roots. This should create a nice lather that you then rinse out like traditional shampoo. For the conditioner, apply the bar directly to your very wet hair. (Again, wet like you just stepped out of a swimming pool.) Concentrate the conditioner on where it’s needed most - the ends of your hair. (Know that only a coating is required. With liquid conditioners, anything that isn’t touching your hair, and is just floating around between your hair, is a waste.) There’s also nothing wrong with rubbing the bar between your palms to gather up some product that you can then work through your hair. Also, make sure you let the conditioner sit on your hair for a few minutes while you complete the rest of your shower routine then rinse out like a traditional conditioner.